How We Help the Community
We love giving back to our community! The Nambour RSL Club is active in its community-support program, whether it be by providing grants, upgrading club facilities, or raising awareness for a great cause.
In recent years the club has injected more than $2.6 million into the region and, with the help of club members and patrons, can continue to grow this figure. The Nambour RSL Club has provided support to more than 100 organisations through sponsorship, donations, free use of facilities and fundraising assistance. We aim to boost our community contribution to $500,000 annually by 2018.
Groups can apply for one in a number of benefits offered by the club. These include the annual Community Benefits Grant Fund, one-off donations and sponsorship programs. The Nambour RSL Club also gets behind a number of fundraising and awareness-raising events such as Pinktober for the Cindy Mackenzie Breast Cancer Foundation, Day for Daniel, Movember and of course, Remembrance Day.
In addition to offering financial support to various community groups, the club also services members and guests by offering a modern community cornerstone meeting and entertainment venue. The board and management team strive to ensure facilities are constantly reviewed, upgraded and cater for the community.
To learn more about applying for sponsorship or donations, click on the relevant tab below.
Tell me more about sponsorships
Organisations can apply for sponsorship from the Nambour RSL Club. Groups the club has successfully supported during the years include Nambour Yandina United Soccer, Nambour Netball Association and Cittamani Hospice Service.
To apply for sponsorship, send your proposal to General Manager Suzanne Long, care of the Nambour RSL Club. Alternatively, contact the club on 5441 2366.
Tell me more about donations
The Nambour RSL Club grants one-off donations to various sporting, education, religious and community groups. Not-for-profit groups can apply for this generous initiative any time throughout the year by writing to the club. The club’s Community Support Committee considers applications based on specific guidelines.
The key objectives of the donations program:
- Provide support to projects or service providers that improve the health or welfare of less advantaged community members
- Support initiatives that increase and broaden the scope of sports participation within the local community
- Support initiatives that increase and broaden the scope of arts, music and cultural participation and development within the local community
- Support and encourage community groups who actively participate in the development of community activities
- Provide support for the development of life skills within the youth of the community
- Support and develop innovative responses to identified community issues that impact on family life
- Provide support to community groups that deliver local community events
To apply for a donation, a group representative should write to the club outlining the following things:
- Organisation details ie) name, contact, charitable status, location
- Background on the group ie) what you have achieved, hope to achieve, how you benefit the community
- The request ie) financial, function room hire etc
- Why you need this donation.
Forward your letter to:
Nambour RSL Club
General Manager Suzanne Long
PO Box 115
Nambour QLD 4560
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org