The Nambour War Memorial Services Club opened for trade on the present club’s site on Melbourne Cup Day 1980, but was not officially opened until February 1981. Previous to this the club traded in a now demolished building on the corner of Matthew Street and Coronation Avenue, the present site of the car park.
In 1984 the club became an incorporated association and changed its name to RSL Services & Citizens Club, Nambour Inc. The name change allowed the club to open membership to the local community.
In February 1992, following the State Government decision to legalise gaming machines, the club installed 23 machines and became the first club on the Sunshine Coast with poker machines. At that time the Nambour club had 1800 members, five permanent staff and 10 casual staff.
The growth of trade that followed allowed the management committee to instigate an extensive renovation and refurbishment program. The successful upgrade was completed in May 1994. By this time the club had expanded to 2900 members and about 35 staff.
Further extensions and renovations were completed in December 2001, December 2003, July 2006. The most recent renovations were completed in November 2016.
The Club has evolved its food offer with the launch of Mosaic Kitchen+Bar. The restaurant has a fierce focus on fresh ingredients with oysters, bugs and local prawns all on the menu. The service style has also changed with dinner seeing table service incorporated.
The refurbishments also include a refresh for the Kids room, a new youth zone, with wi-fi and a brand new, state of the art function facility to cater to the communities growing need for a large professional venue to hold corporate and community events and is an ideal wedding venue.
The club now employs just more than 100 staff and has a membership of about 20,000 people.
The management committee has a long-term plan in place that will see the club progress and expand to keep pace with the growing Nambour region.